Instructional Designer - Digital Storyteller
About the Instructor
I fell in love with Digital Storytelling what feels like only a moment ago. While the last two years has been skill building and producing, where I really have energized creative muscles is in the process.
I am a full time training designer, videographer and multimedia developer.
I believe in creating spaces for multimedia through story to inspire change.
Have a question? or want to get in touch, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will enable students to plan, film, edit and publish a 2 min video. Video can be recorded using a DSLR an iPhone or camcorder, there are no equipment restrictions. This is an introductory course with a focus on digital storytelling.
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Build a story not a presentation
- Create your storytelling recipe
- Apply the 3 pillars of creating a successful video: planning, shooting and editing
- Using 2 of 5 angles of filming
- Digital Storytelling FREE PREVIEW
- Presentation or Story?
- Story of the Sandwich
- Video Story of the Sandwich
- Which did you prefer?
- Build a story
- 12 Step Digital Storytelling Process
- Assignment 1: Your Recipe
- Assignment 1 Submit
- Activity 2: Powerpoint bullets or Story?
- Assignment 2 Submit
- Why Storytelling matters by Garr Reynolds
- Assignment 3: Storyboard
- Storyboard Template
- Assignment 3 Submit